I wrote a few weeks ago about how I was proudly using iCal to share student assignments. A few days ago I updated the calendar, strode into class, and declared that students now had another few weeks of assignments on their calendar. Or they didn’t. No updating. No lovely colored rounded rectangles. Nothing. I realized that downloading the file that put those assignments on their computer didn’t subscribe them to the calendar, and without a subscription they wouldn’t receive updates. So an edit to the previous post. Here’s the (new) process:
- still starting at iCloud with the shared calendar link
- copy the link and email it to students
- students go into their iCal to the Calendar menu and hit Subscribe….
- the link is then pasted into that window
- (hopefully this should do it…)